Canyon Lake, TX Social Security Attorneys | Canyon Lake, TX Social Security Lawyers | Comal County, Texas Social Security SSI SSDI Law Firms
Canyon Lake Texas Social Security Lawyers want to help
Living with a disability can be impossible. Social security may provide the solution. The social security system is not always easy to work with. That is why there are experienced Canyon Lake social security attorneys. Whether you have been rejected for benefits, or if you have yet to apply, an experienced Canyon Lake social security disability attorney can increase your chances of success. You can contact an experienced Canyon Lake social security disability attorney by filling out the form on the webpage. You are under absolutely no obligation merely by filling out the form.
You may be entitled to benefits: the SSI and SSDI program at a glance
It is not easy to qualify for social security benefits in every case. Roughly 65% of people are initially turned down. An experienced Canyon Lake social security lawyer can increase your odds of success. Your attorney should understand how to make your best case. Your attorney can also represent you on appeal. An experienced Canyon Lake social security lawyer will look over your file, and help you make any additions and corrections necessary to best highlight the nature of your disability. The difference between winning your social security claim and losing your social security claim are often dramatic. For example, without an alternative source of income, and without the ability to work (due to disability), many people face homelessness and hunger. The relief provided by the monthly payments from SSI and SSDI claims provide a necessary security blanket. In some cases, claimants may be entitled to medical care through the Medicaid or Medicare systems.
Aren’t lawyers expensive to hire? How can I hire a qualified Canyon Lake social security lawyer?
If you think you can’t afford a social security attorney, think again. They’re not as expensive as you probably think. Social security attorneys are paid according to a strict fee schedule. They can only be paid if they win your case for you. That makes sense because claimants usually have no expendable money. Your social security attorney is limited in how much he or she can charge. That is because the federal government has capped attorney fees in these cases. Specifically, the attorney cannot charge more than 25% of your back pay, up to a total of $6,000. Even then, the government has to approve the final award of attorney fees. So, a claimant is always getting a fair deal. By filling out the questionnaire on this site, an experienced Canyon Lake Social Security attorney will contact you.
Who qualifies for SSI and SSDI?
There are two separate programs that provide disability benefits in the social security system. They are SSI (Supplemental Security Income) and SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance). Generally, to qualify for disability payments, you must have an injury that prevents you from working for one year or more or an injury that will result in death. Both programs pay on a monthly basis.
What is the Standard for Disability in Canyon Lake, Texas? - To receive disability benefits for Social Security Disability you must meet the Social Security Administration's definition of disability.
- The term disability is that you are unable to engage in “substantial gainful activity” [SGA] because of a medically physical or mental impairment which has lasted, or is expected to last, for at least 12 months, or is expected to result in your death.
- If you are working in or around Canyon Lake, Texas is that a factor? - If you are working in Canyon Lake and performing SGA, then you are considered able to work and not disabled. In 2012, the SGA limit is $1010 (after taxes) per month. If you earn more than $1010 per month, you are probably not eligible, unless there are special circumstances;
- Do You Have a Severe Impairment? - You must have a medical problem which significantly limits your physical or mental ability to perform basic work activities. The impairment must be expected to last for 12 months or end in death;
Does Your Medical Condition Match One of SSA’s Listed Impairments? - SSA has a list of medical conditions ["Listing of Impairments."] that describes medical conditions so severe that SSA considers people who have the conditions disabled;
If your condition does not meet or equal one of the conditions in the Listing of Impairments, then you must ask:
- Despite Your Medical Condition, Are You Able to Do Work You Did in the Past? - SSA determines what you are able to do despite your medical condition. This is called the Residual Functional Capacity (RFC). SSA compares your RFC with the physical and mental demands of your past jobs. If you are physically and mentally able to do a job that you have held within the last fifteen years, then SSA considers you "not disabled." However, if you are not able to perform any of your past jobs, then ask:
- If your condition does not meet or equal one of the conditions in the Listing of Impairments, then you must ask:
- Despite Your Medical Condition, Are You Able to Do Other Work? - If you cannot perform your past work, then SSA decides whether you are able to perform other types of work.
Can Children in Canyon Lake Qualify for Disability Benefits? Yes, but What is the Criteria?
Financially, needy children under age 18 who have serious medical conditions may be eligible for Children's SSI. A child is disabled for SSI if the child is not working and earning more than the SGA level and has a medical condition or combination of conditions that cause "marked and severe functional limitations." Medical evidence documenting the child's medical condition is essential.
Do you qualify for SSDI? – Work with a Knowledgeable Canyon Lake Disability Insurance Attorney Soon
SSDI is a benefit program based on prior work history. For example, you must have worked a certain number of the past years (depending on your age) and paid into the social security system to receive disability payments. Some SSDI beneficiaries also qualify for Medicaid.
SSI – Work with an experienced Canyon Lake Disability Attorney
The SSI system is welfare based – meaning you do not have to have a work history in order to qualify. Successful claimants will receive a monthly check to help with life’s necessities. You must be disabled and make below a maximum amount of money. You may also qualify for medical care through Medicaid. To contact an experienced Canyon Lake SSI lawyer, fill out the form today.
How does the application and appeal process work? - Canyon Lake Disability Appeals attorney
To apply for social security, you can start online, in person, or by calling the social security administration directly. The government can take upward of six months to review your case. You can have your case reviewed by an appeal panel if you are initially denied social security benefits.
Below is a list of some of the types of illnesses and injuries that can qualify for a disability under Social Security:
Cancer of the Pancreas
Local SSA Office
Social Security Office
927 S St. Highway 123 Bypass
Sequin, Texas 78155
Low Cost Hospitals
Centromed County Line Clinic
1034 W County Line Road
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Centromed San Antonio Street Clinic
1614 W San Antonio Street
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Post Acute Medical of New Braunfels, LLC
1445 Hanz Drive
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
New Braunfels Regional Rehabilitation Hospital
2041 Sundance Parkway
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
South Texas Veterans Health Care System
7400 Merton Minter Boulevard
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Canyon Lake social security attorneys serve clients throughout Southern Central Texas including Canyon Lake, Bracken, Bulverde, Garden Ridge, New Braunfels, Schertz, Spring Branch, Startzville, Canyon Lake Forest, Startzville, Cranes Mill, Sattler, Smithson Valley, Spring Branch, First Crossing, Royal Forest and other communities including Blanco County, Bexar County, Kendall County and Comal County.