Cedar Park, TX Social Security Attorneys | Cedar Park, TX Social Security Lawyers | Travis County, Texas Social Security SSI SSDI Law Firms
Cedar Park Texas Social Security Lawyers want to help
Are you unable to work because of a disability? Social security disability benefits were designed to help those who are unable to work because of a disability. If you qualify, you could receive payments from the federal government. Increase your chances of succeeding by contacting an experienced Cedar Park, Texas social security attorney. Social security attorney can walk you through the application and appeal process. Start now by filling out the form on the website.
Helping you move forward: SSI and SSDI benefits
Roughly 65 – 75% of applicants are initially denied for social security benefits. However, you can dramatically increase your odds of winning your benefits claim by working with an experienced Cedar Park social security lawyer. This is because most SS attorneys have learned what criteria the review board is looking for. If you win your claim, you will be entitled to a monthly benefit payment from the federal government. In many cases, you can also qualify for medical care. For example, SSDI claimants can potentially qualify for Medicare benefits, while SSI claimants qualify for Medicaid benefits.
How do I pay a qualified Cedar Park Social Security lawyer? I don’t have any money!
You do not have to have a pool of money to afford a social security lawyer. The usual fee structure of a social security lawyer is designed so that it is affordable for people who are not employed. In most every case, social security lawyers work on a “contingency” fee. That means they only get paid if you win your social security benefits claim. The social security administration carefully monitors how much a social security attorney charges. The attorneys are statutorily limited to charging a max of 25% of back pay awarded to you (up to a max of $6,000). That means that in most cases you can only be required to pay money that was already owed to you before you received your social security benefits, and even that amount is limited. Contacting you Cedar Park Social Security lawyer is as easy as filling out the questionnaire on the website.
Learning about SSDI and SSI: Your federal programs
Understanding how the Social Security disability program works is important. There are two separate programs that provide disability benefits to those who cannot work for a year or more due to a disability: SSI and SSDI (Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance). Both programs require that you suffer from a disability to qualify, but each program has other separate requirements for eligibility.
What is the Standard for Disability in Cedar Park, Texas? - To receive disability benefits for Social Security Disability you must meet the Social Security Administration's definition of disability.
- The term disability is that you are unable to engage in “substantial gainful activity” [SGA] because of a medically physical or mental impairment which has lasted, or is expected to last, for at least 12 months, or is expected to result in your death.
- If you are working in or around Cedar Park, Texas is that a factor? - If you are working in Cedar Park and performing SGA, then you are considered able to work and not disabled. In 2012, the SGA limit is $1010 (after taxes) per month. If you earn more than $1010 per month, you are probably not eligible, unless there are special circumstances;
- Do You Have a Severe Impairment? - You must have a medical problem which significantly limits your physical or mental ability to perform basic work activities. The impairment must be expected to last for 12 months or end in death;
Does Your Medical Condition Match One of SSA’s Listed Impairments? - SSA has a list of medical conditions ["Listing of Impairments."] that describes medical conditions so severe that SSA considers people who have the conditions disabled;
If your condition does not meet or equal one of the conditions in the Listing of Impairments, then you must ask:
- Despite Your Medical Condition, Are You Able to Do Work You Did in the Past? - SSA determines what you are able to do despite your medical condition. This is called the Residual Functional Capacity (RFC). SSA compares your RFC with the physical and mental demands of your past jobs. If you are physically and mentally able to do a job that you have held within the last fifteen years, then SSA considers you "not disabled." However, if you are not able to perform any of your past jobs, then ask:
- If your condition does not meet or equal one of the conditions in the Listing of Impairments, then you must ask:
- Despite Your Medical Condition, Are You Able to Do Other Work? - If you cannot perform your past work, then SSA decides whether you are able to perform other types of work.
Can Children in Cedar Park Qualify for Disability Benefits? Yes, but What is the Criteria?
Financially needy children under age 18 who have serious medical conditions may be eligible for Children’s SSI. A child is disabled for SSI if the child is not working and earning more than the SGA level and has a medical condition or combination of conditions that cause "marked and severe functional limitations." Medical evidence documenting the child’s medical condition is essential.
SSDI: Federal Workers Insurance for the Disabled - Contact a Knowledgeable Cedar Park Disability Insurance Attorney Today
SSDI is a program for Americans who have a work history. To qualify, you must be disabled, and have worked and paid into the social security system for a fraction of the previous years (the number of years depends on your age). SSDI recipients may also qualify for Medicare. If you think you may qualify for SSDI, contact an experienced Cedar Park SSDI attorney soon to discuss your options.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Talk to an experienced Cedar Park Disability Attorney
Supplemental Security Income, or SSI for short, is available for people who suffer from a disability regardless of work history. SSI is paid from general revenues, unlike the SSDI system. SSI beneficiaries may also qualify for Medicaid and Food Stamps. They may also be eligible for additional income from the state. Contact your Cedar Park SSI lawyer to learn more.
The process: Application to appeal - Cedar Park Disability Appeals Lawyer
You can begin the application process online, in person, or by phone. The process can take a while because the number of applications is generally very high. Usually, you have to wait anywhere between three and six months, maybe longer. If denied, you can appeal the decision. You may have an attorney represent you at the appeal.
Below is a list of some of the types of illnesses and injuries that can qualify for a disability under Social Security:
Chronic Pulmonary Insufficiency
Local SSA Office
Social Security Office
104 Parkview Drive
Georgetown, Texas 78626
Low Cost Hospital
North W Dgnstc Clinic At E-Mds
500 W Whitestone Boulevard
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, Texas 7861
Reliant Rehabilitation Hospital Central Texas
1400 Hester's Crossing
Round Rock, Texas 78681
Round Rock Medical Center
2400 Round Rock Avenue
Round Rock, Texas 78681
Seton Northwest Hospital
11113 Research Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78759
Cedar Park Social Security Lawyers serve clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Anderson Mill, Austin, Briarcliff, Brushy Creek, Cedar Park, Cele, Coupland, Elgin, Gateway, Georgetown, Hudson Bend, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonah, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Leander, Liberty Hill, Lund, Manor, Marshall Ford, McNeil, Nameless, New Sweden, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Serenada, Taylor, Waterloo, Wells Branch, Windemere, Weir, West Lake Hills and other communities in Travis County and Williamson County.